sunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymamasunnydaytodaymama

25 March 2012

Jackson Pollock for children





Recently we were given a large canvas that was going to be thrown out. We covered the original painting with leftover emulsion and this weekend we created our own Jackson Pollock inspired painting. Before we started we tried out some Jackson Pollock style painting online at JacksonPollock.org (which we discovered when it was recommended by Mama Smiles in her post Free Educational Computer Games for Kids). We also looked at images of Jackson Pollock and his art and watched this video.


Jackson Pollock 51, 1951 (excerpt)
Hans Namuth and Paul Falkenberg (directors)
Morton Feldman (composer)

Then we changed into old clothes and started painting.





















This is what we made.



Jackson Pollock 1912-1956



You may also like:

Vincent Van Gogh for children


Crafts inspired by a museum trip


Crafts with packing peanuts


Science experiments with plastic bottles


Nature books and nature journal


Rainbows


Click here to see the play, crafts and learning ideas blog link-ups we share at.

HOME EDUCATION: ART on Sunny Days Pinterest.

sunnydaytodaymama

19 comments:

  1. The artistic flair is coming through, what a terrific painting! Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Beautiful work, Sunnyboy!

    And thank you for linking to Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Show n Tell! LOVE your Pollack creation! We did 4 Days of Art a while back and made our own Pollack painting-- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LVOE LOVE LOVE LOVE this! So fab! I am going to do a kids arts exploring the great artists and this will be a great addition!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy & Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful process! Hmmm... where am I going to get an old canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. that turned out lovely, I really like the colours.
    All my son's paintings look like JAckson Polllock's at the moment but thats an age thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I love Jackson Pollack, and I'm sure my girl would enjoy creating something messy like this too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely! (And outdoors is definitely the perfect place for some Jackson Pollock-esque painting!)
    Thanks for linking this up to the Outdoor Play Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome and you could use the same method to try out lots of different style! That Canvas is huge...if you had kept it, you would have needed a massive wall!

    Thanks for linking to Family Frolics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this on It's Playtime. I love Jackson Pollock. His art is inspirational in teaching us that art is in the process, not the product and beauty can come from anything. Thank you for sharing the video. I can't wait to show my daughter, a budding artist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a work of art, I love it and all from the safety of the garden. Do link to Country Kids with me too http://bit.ly/CKids24 thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!! I love introducing kids to art. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great fun! I found you thru the weekly kids co-op. Thanks for sharing.

    Scribble Doodle and Draw

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi. I loved the artwork. I have featured your post from Kids Co Op on my blog. Please have a look at http://experimenting-mom.blogspot.in/2012/04/weekly-co-op-featuring-my-favourite.html
    Thanks for Inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had a whole load of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for joining me on Country Kids with this lovely piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this with Look What We Did!

    ReplyDelete